Join us for Long Island's 7th Annual Car Free Day!
Looking for ways to encourage your employees to be car free? We can help tailor a program just for you with free resources to help!
Here are some ideas:
- Post Car Free Day Long Island posters in elevators and bulletin boards.
- Email employees encouraging them to participate and promote it on social media.
- Have a contest and offer prizes.
- Host a transportation day to help employees find alternative ways to get to work.
- Post alternative commute information on your intranet.
- Offer your employees the Guaranteed Ride program.
- Help your employees save up to 40% of their transit costs by offering a pre-tax transit benefit program.
- Bring in lunch for your employees from a local deli to avoid the need to drive.
- Download the Car Free Day LI Toolkit that includes a sample promotional email and intranet copy, celebration ideas, and electronic versions of the Car Free Day LI flyer, poster, stickers and logo.
For assistance in tailoring a Car Free Day LI program at your workplace, email firstname.lastname@example.org.